Why do we care so much about matcha? Here is a quick reminder of all the great health benefits of this extraordinary green tea. Feeling good and keeping healthy can be difficult in the late winter, when all you want to do is snooze under a thick quilt. But a simple addition to your daily routine can work wonders on your mind and body.
Matcha is both delicious and a high-powered natural supplement that can bring you out of those winter blues and get you ready for spring.
It has been associated with several health benefits due to its high concentration of antioxidants, polyphenols, and other nutrients. Some of the potential health benefits of matcha include:
- Boosts metabolism and promotes weight loss: Matcha contains a type of antioxidant called catechins, which have been shown to increase metabolism and promote weight loss.
- Supports heart health: Matcha is rich in antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Enhances mental clarity and focus: Matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has been shown to improve focus and cognitive function.
- Supports immune system: Matcha is high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help support the immune system.
- Reduces stress and improves mood: The L-theanine in matcha has a calming effect on the mind and may reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety.
By the way, for all our MIYUKI and MATSUKO fans out there, did you know that the extra shading time given to their leaves before plucking increased their L-theanine contents?
And if you are in need of a high caffeine content Matcha with next to no bitterness, have a try to our brand new Matcha AYAME, a new member in the growing selection of matcha presented by Mizota san. Sold in 40g.