Pricing And Payment
A price is provided for each product, in USD ($) for the English version and EUR (€) for the French version. It is free of Japanese tax as export transactions are exempt from Japanese consumption tax.
Customs duties and local consumption tax vary depending on the country of destination. Customs duties depend on the type of goods and sometimes benefit from Free Trade Agreements. Consumption tax is applied even if an agreement exists.
If you have to pay custom duties and/or consumption tax, you will be required to pay it when you receive your order.
Rates of customs duties on tea leaves (*Do not cover consumption tax where applicable)
- United States: no duty
- Canada: For most cases, customs clearance fees and taxes are billed upon delivery to the recipient. Customs clearance fees: Transaction Fee (CA$5.25), Processing Fee (CA$11.25 or 2.5% of value of duties & taxes, if higher)Taxes: Customs duty, GST/PST/HST
- United Kingdom: no duty up to 32 GBP (3.2 % over 32 GBP)
- European Union: no duty up to 45 Euro (3.2 % over 45 Euro)
- United Arab Emirates: no duty
- Brazil: no duty up to 50US dollar (10% over 50US dollar)
- Russian Federation: no duty up to 5,000US dollar (20% over 5,000US dollar)
- Singapore: no duty
- Taiwan: no duty up to 300TW dollar (19.4% over 300TW dollar)
- China: no duty up to 1,000 Yuan (15% over 1,000 Yuan)
- The Republic of Korea: no duty up to 100,000 Won (513.6% over 100,000 Won)
August 2021: important update for our EU-based customers
Starting from July 1st, 2021, local VAT (consumption tax) be systematically charged at delivery in EU countries and are not included in our prices. All freight forwarders (FedEx, postal services) charge an extra fee to handle VAT (for example, 15 euros for FedEx, 21 euros for France Chronopost).
Depending on the value of your order, FedEx could be the most affordable solution.
IKKYU is currently studying technical and logistic solutions available so that our EU customers may pay local VAT at time of purchase, in order to cut down additional transporter fees. E-commerce developers are working on technical solutions and we will communicate on this point as soon as possible.
Shipping costs are not included (see Shipping section). We accept MasterCard, VISA, AMEX, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay.